Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Today :)

Lily and I had an amazing day today! She woke up in the best mood and just wanted snuggle for nearly half an hour! She's almost 3 now (wow!) and the hugs are creeping away because now she can "do it all by myself!" I can't tell you how many times I hear that a day! She is so cute about it, too!

She asked me this morning, "Mommy, can you make me some dinners. You make good dinners."

I almost fell off my chair laughing! We made "dinners" and ate oatmeal, scrambled eggs, yogurt and some pears fresh from my roommates' grandfathers' farm! They were delicious!
After breakfast we got dressed and took Ares, our 6 month Doberman, for a walk. Lily insisted she could hold the leash, but I had to continue insisting that Ares is too big for her. She stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and said, "But mommy, I am getting so much bigger!"

She cracks me up!

We got back inside and decided to paint. At first, we were just painting pictures of colors and shapes and counting how many circles I could draw. [technically, we started out coloring- but Lily just loves paint!] Then Lily decided we needed to paint our feet and make footprints. Now, I'm all for crafts, but footprints sounded a little dangerous :P But I decided paint on the bottoms of our feet would be really fun! So we did! Now I not only have handprint paintings on my wall in my studio, but I have footprints too :)  It is really cute, and I loved looking at them all day.

We're making cookies tomorrow... well, as soon as I decide which new recipe to try :P  I think we'll try making leaf reliefs tomorrow, too! Our tree out back has some HUGE leaves we could have some really fun with!

No comments: